pacer days in status wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pacer days in status wrong

Pacer has our days in status wrong. Says set by 314 meeting but looks like they used our filing date instead. Our financial management certificate will be weeks late (if lawyer ever gets it filed). Everything else on Pacer looks ok. How do we fix this?

You actually now have 60 days from the date of your 341 to get that certificate in. That changed on December 1st. If you've already completed the course and turned your cert over to your attorney, he should be getting it filed. Not that any of that addresses the days in status, not sure about that. You might call the clerk of the bankruptcy court and inquire about that. However, as long as the certificate is in no later than 60 days from the date your 341 was scheduled, you'll be fine.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks Free. GreenPath said they e-mailed it to to my lawyer (12-15). I called my lawyer and receptionist said they got it. Still flagged on Pacer and no new filings since 12-11. E-mailed my lawyer today about it and the days in status question. Looks like Monday is the deadline.

Comment

Hi iamwho,

Not getting that course certificate filed on time can get your case dismissed. I would be standing outside the office and snag my atty as they came through the door. You also need to contact the BK court clerk with a procedural question; "the time for filing the financial management class is 60 days past the 341 meeting. In my file, it uses the date from initial filing. Would you please correct this error? Thank you!

Good luck w/ this,

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

thanks Free and TC for your responses. I replied awhile ago but it didn't get posted? Husband talked to case manager and got it filed that Monday. I forgot to ask about days in status when I talked to court clerk. Pacer says Fin Mng cert. filed, yeah. About week latter got discharge letter, double yeah!
          We did get new collection agency letter from debt that was filed but lawyer may have sent to wrong address. I had told my lawyer but they said that was address they had. Worried this debt may not have been discharged. Was 1st financial investment fund.

Comment

Hi again iamwho,

Not to worry, in a no-asset Ch 7 courts have ruled the unsecured debt is discharged even there was some sort of clerical error...like having a wrong address or forgetting about a creditor or not realizing the debt went to a collection agency.

You or your lawyer should send them a copy of the BK discharge order with a polite letter telling them to stop all collection efforts.

Congrats on the discharge!

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Many trustees are behind posting and updating pacer. Don't worry about it too much...
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks T. Way behind on checking e-mail. The new collector called the other day and I gave them BK# and lawyers name. Glad to know even if the address was wrong it should be discharged. Have not checked credit reports yet.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X