top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got an info request from UST. Does any of this seem out of the ordinary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got an info request from UST. Does any of this seem out of the ordinary?

It only took 7 months! Pretty sure we've provided childcare and school and medical expenses for her already. Perhaps what we gave her wasn't sufficient.

Mr. *****,

The U.S. Trustee's office has requested various documents to
    substantiate the expenses on the means test. Please provide documents
    as follows:

1. All banking records for the 2 years prior to filing. FYI -
    we have already provided the bank statements for the **** account
    for April, May and June 2010 and the **** account for April
    through July 13, 2010.

2. Utility and phone bills for the 6 months prior to filing

3. Child care expenses for the 6 months prior to filing

4. School expenses for the 6 months prior to filing

5. Insurance policies and riders for the 2 term life insurance policies

6. Any other documents relating to expenses that you think will help
    The only thing I find interesting is the 2 insurance policies (just plain old term life policies, about $35/month for each of us)- not sure what she's looking for there. And the 2 years of bank statements. I guess she would be looking for any extravagant purchases (there aren't any).

I only hope I still have 2 yrs worth of bank statements- or else it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get copies.

And I have to laugh because our cable/phone/internet was disconnected for non-payment just prior to filing. And our utilities were disconnected once during that time frame also I believe. So, yeah, if that's not an indication of being a tad bit broke, I'm not sure what is.
    Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Wow. The trustee is picking at term life policies? Sheesh. They are hard core. Especially when you are paying $35 a month for each of them.

Comment

Your Trustee is insane.

Comment

Aside from the two years of bank statements (truly, what on Earth would she be looking for???) what I don't get is this:
        6. Any other documents relating to expenses that you think will help
        Whaaaat??? So, does she want to question anything else that we listed or not??
        Know what I'm providing for that category? Rental research I've done, to prove to her that $1060 a month is NOT enough for housing for a family of 8 in our area. I'm also going to provide her with the documentation we have of how the first landlord robbed us when we moved to FL 3 yrs ago (took security deposit, first and last months's rent and then immediately stopped paying the mortgage so it was foreclosed.) We were out THOUSANDS- that's hard to recover from. Or perhaps record of the months of $1800 payments we robbed Peter of just to pay the CH13 trustee and the documentation we have pleading with our old attorney to give our case any attention and help us get the modification we needed. So maybe all of that will give her a good indication of why the hell we are having a really hard time landing on our feet.
        Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

The UST is asking you to justify what you put down on Schedule I & J.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            The UST is asking you to justify what you put down on Schedule I & J.
            So, if our current expenditures have surpassed what we thought or what they were when we filed our schedule J, should we include proof of that as well? For example, our car insurance premium has been battered beyond belief with 2 teen drivers. We were paying about $200/month, we're now paying about $385 a month. Actual grocery expenses (cost of food is up world wide) and medical expenses are higher too, with DD having autoimmune thyroid disease and probably celiac disease (awaiting test), son has ADHD and is in behavioral therapy, and youngest son is in speech therapy and is scheduled for an occupational therapy evaluation for problems with his fine motor skills. Oldest DD's high school has no sports program, so we pay for her to participate in a sport - which we feel is important, since she has a history of clinical depression and self injury- and it's. not. cheap. So should I just compile it ALL and hand it to her, or is she just going to want to see what's on the paper as of when we filed?

Comment

I would include all your current expenses that significantly differ under "the whatever else you think will help" request. Can't hurt. Not so sure about the history things with the old landlord, etc.

Comment

Hi Olivies,

Usually I would say never provide more than what is asked for, but in this case I think I would provide your current expenses, especially the increase in medical bills.

SG

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X