Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK Case Closed

Hi eveyone,

I just wanted to thank you for all the advice and support I have received on this fourm.
    I would have been lost with out somewhere to go to ask questions, vent and get advice.

I just looked on Pacer and our case has been closed. I wasn't expecting it so soon after discharge, however we are greatful.

Here is some background on what we have been through: My husband had a spinal cord injury in 10/09 and lost his job 02/10. We used savings and my income to pay for medical bills, rehab and PT, (because health insurance doesn't pay everything), and to keep up with the mortgage and credit cards and all of life's expenses.

We knew we'd have to file for bankruptcy, but we wanted to keep the house however there was no response to our pleas for help from the mortgage company. So when we filed Chapter 7 on 09/17/10 we surrendered the house. The next day (after we filed BK) my husband had to be hospitalized for a severe infection. I missed some work due to the hospitalization (I only get paid my base pay for time off, if I have any PTO left). We moved in 10/10 (we wanted to get all of this behind us). We were served NOD papers the day we moved and they were suppose to sell the house in 12/10 (they got an extension so maybe it will be sold in 02/11)

I have been working 50 to 60 hours a week to pay the basics...rent, utilities, gas for transportation, auto insurance, food, perscription and medical supplies and doctor visits, and a car loan we still have, ect.

Then my Mom got sick and passed away a week before Christmas and I missed a little over a week of work. I am still having a hard time with that. Then I got an upper respiratory infection and had to miss a couple more days of work.

Even with filing for Chapter 7 we still owe taxes for 2009. school loans, a car we kept and for the hospital bill. I know nothing lasts forever and life has it's ups and downs but I am ready for better luck to come our way.
    Last edited by nomore008; 01-31-2011, 06:03 PM.

Congrats on the closure, Nomore, and so sorry for your mother's passing. Here's hoping for brighter days and well wishes to you for 2011!
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Well from what you posted, things HAVE to go up for you. You sure have been 'tested'. Now remember, don't over work yourself as your overtime won't do much good if you also end up sick. IRS will work with you on your late taxes. I owed 27K now to about 15K. I pay $250 a month. I used to pay $450 and asked for a reduction. There was no problem doing that. They actually will treat you nice if you contact them first. The hospital bill can be worked out and let them know you are NOT insured. There are two prices. For instance, my wife had a 200K back surgery and we got a bill for 30K for some unknown stuff. I ignored the bill and never got billed again. I ask my own doctor (whom I've known for 25 years), if this was so. He admitted that yes there is a consideration for those who must pay cash. We go cash for my wife and Medicare takes care of mine. We set up an HSA and pay Mrs. with non taxed money. It also draws a bit of interest. In your spot, I know just staying even is tough.

Understand, time has a way of fixing many problems that you cannot fix yourself. Do your best and God will do the rest. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X