One year post discharge . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year post discharge . . .

. . . and we have received two notices from a law office that they have a client interested in collecting their secured collateral. We filed in IL and the law office is in AZ if that matters. The letters do not identify any specific property and indicates they want us to consider "voluntarily" surrendering the unidentified items. Our BK lawyer says we just need to trash and forget the letters. The only items that were requested and surrendered before the discharge were the house, truck, and travel trailer. Can creditors continue to collect after discharge or is this possibly some kind of scam?

What your lawyer should have done (and might still do if you throw him/her a couple of bucks or a percentage if they go after these lowlifes) is write them a letter stating that they're violating the discharge order by contacting you and that they'll be sued for it...I believe that the proper term for what they are violating would be "permanent injunction"...

Take a peak here:

Good luck
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X