Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Searching after BK

Hi guys,

I'm just looking for some people to listen to and vent to I guess... And perhaps some positive energy.

I filed Ch. 7 last year 4/2010 and discharged 8/2010. I am now in the job market, but I am wondering if employers really would just stop talking to you because you have had a BK?

I had this one employer who know me (the hiring manager used to work together with me at a previous company). He know what I can do, was very excited about talking to me. We talked for a little bit then, he said for him to talk to me further, it's the company's policy that I must filled out the application and also background check permission form. I said ok, because at this point I don't think they would run it yet since they haven't given me a formal interview yet. Said he got it, will call me tomorrow. I haven't heard from him since and it's been over a week! I emailed, silent! Nothing, no respond...

Maybe I'm just paranoid, maybe they found someone else, maybe they can't or don't want to hired anymore at this time? But to give me a silent treatment? I don't get it. Maybe it has nothing to do with my BK, I don't know. I'm just sad.

Does anyone have any positive story to share? Like how life is like after BK? For me beside the job search, everything is going well. Filing was my only option at the time, and I still think if I had to do it all over again, I would probably end up doing the same thing. My credit card apr went up even without me missing a payment. Mortgage company won't work with us because we were current, you know similiar stories like others... Credit score is already at 650 so I hope that I can turn my financial life around... But I need to have the confident and get a great job now. I just feel like with my BK, am I on a "black list" somewhere? I feel like my skills and experiences are not going to matter now, only jobs I can get maybe the low paying jobs that nobody wants... I hope this is not true.

Sorry for my venting.

Stay warm out there!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X