UST FORM B22A questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UST FORM B22A questions...

I'm sure I will have more questions once I am really able to understand this form, but for now, my question is....How many cars can you claim on this? We have a total of 3 cars... 1 car (high mileage/1998) own free and clear. 2 other cars with payments. On this form, they make no mention of the car that is owned. We live in PA, so I asked my attorney about the allowance for an "older car" and he said they would not let us claim 3cars? Is this true? Also, the UST counted my disabled daughter's SSD income into our income. The attorney put that on our filings, but did not count it, since that is exempt, she is not the "debtor." He said that is why they counted it. So, should this be counted as our income or not? My attorney also told me to get her expenses together, credit cards, etc., since they are counting that, we need to count in her expenses too. They came up with a DMI of $1041, our means when we filed showed negative $125. That's a pretty big gap.
    Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Hi csonly,

...never ending story, huh?

Given the Supreme Court ruling, you can't claim an ownership expense on the paid-off vehicle so you are left w/ the two auto loans for ownership expense.

Operating expense is another story. You can claim operating expense on a paid-off vehicle. But...the UST position on vehicles is 1 per taxpayer. But...when you document actual operating expenses, you don't usually split them up by vehicle. What goes on the forms is total operating expenses for the household.

You can exempt more than one car per taxpayer, up to your exemption limit.

Hang in there,

Tom in Colo

ps: did you see my other post on the SSD?
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Tom - I sent you a PM about this.
      Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X