top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are going to file next Friday. Come on Nerves, quit it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are going to file next Friday. Come on Nerves, quit it.

Finally we will file 7 next Friday if our meeting with the attorney Monday holds no surprises. What an emotional roller coaster. Getting ready to pay some bills, get groceries, and pay attorney to empty the bank account. Have muted the phone and turned off the message feature. Any last minute advice?

Once you file it will actually make your life so much better and less stressful. The creditors will soon stop calling you as well. Having a good attorney is critical to taking the stress out of bk. Just keep all your paperwork organized, including all of your creditors with addresses, how much you owe each of them, etc. Bring your ID and SS card to your attorney. Always stay organized. The rest is pretty easy. Once you file, relax a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by clc08 View Post
      Finally we will file 7 next Friday if our meeting with the attorney Monday holds no surprises. What an emotional roller coaster. Getting ready to pay some bills, get groceries, and pay attorney to empty the bank account. Have muted the phone and turned off the message feature. Any last minute advice?
      I'm right here with you clc08... just take a big breath!!! Sounds like you have the basics covered. All I can say is take a good look over the final petition before it is filed (though from what I understand it can be amended later if needed). I asked my atty to revise the model of my car, though don't know if that would have made any difference, I just wanted it be a correct. Then the next step will be to get through the 341 meeting, though most post on here that it for the most part is not big deal... I'm still very nervous. Please know, you're not alone Wishing you the best!
      Filed Ch 7 Feb 2011! Next stop 341 meeting sometime in March...
      Discharged!!!! 5-2011 CLOSED 6-2011

Comment

Thanks for support. Everyone here has been so kind and helpful.

We met with attorney again about 2 weeks ago...giving a list of all creditors, account numbers, addresses, and balances as close as we could get at that time. He copied our drivers' licenses and SS cards.

I wonder if we have to update the balances due again before filing since the interest and late fees continue to accumulate?

Atty. complimented our thoroughness and organization so I hope we are OK. At least I'm not as emotionally wrecked as I was in September. Eventually packing up the house will be an emotional hurdle but I'm trying to look at it as a new beginning, so I've come a long way. Reading around here has helped. Thanks.

Comment

clc - here's some last minute advice...get ready for your "happily ever after!"
          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
          New Job 7-2011

Comment

We just had our 341 in January, it was a breeze! But just getting your BK filed is a huge relief, it was for us. There is just this, this feeling of relief, hope for the future that you can start over. Not to mention the phone calls stop, the threatening letters in the mail stop etc. It helps too if your attorney is good like ours is. We felt like the dark cloud had lifted when we filed BK in November, better days are ahead of you! We are giving up our home also, we are ready to move on.
            Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
            Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
            DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X