Post 341: All Done But the Waiting . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post 341: All Done But the Waiting . .

We had our 341 on 1/31/11 without a hitch (aside from my pay stub not covering the 4 days between when we signed our docs and the date they were filed by our attorney).

The $0.08 spent on PACER is worth reading this:

"Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, xxx, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned (without deducting any secured claims): $ 201563.00, Assets Exempt: $ 10607.00, Claims Scheduled: $ 526053.00, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment (without deducting the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge): $ 526053.00. (xxx) (Entered: 02/01/2011)"
    Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11
    Discharged No-asset 4/1/11
    And definitely NOT an attorney.

Congrats!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats, encore!
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Way to go SNAX!!
        Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Comment

No, definitely no encore if we can help it! ;)
          Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11

Comment

Good for you! (And, that page on Pacer was FREE - you don't incur a fee until you hit the $10 mark in a 3 month period - such a deal!)
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

Questions regarding the following statement:

1. When you see the following statement does it mean that the case is over; trustee is done with the case? Do you still have to wait out the 60 days? thanks

"Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, xxx, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned (without deducting any secured claims): $ 201563.00, Assets Exempt: $ 10607.00, Claims Scheduled: $ 526053.00, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment (without deducting the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge): $ 526053.00. (xxx) (Entered: 02/01/2011)"

Comment

No, the 60 days still applies. Not only that, but if you or the Trustee find errors, it's a simple matter to reopen and amend. It really just means that your filing and 341 raised no immediate questions to follow up on.

Unfortunately for us, we now have to amend things, which puts us at risk of getting dismissed for failing the means test. A chapter 13 workout won't actually work for us, but the timing of our filing could not have been worse, including two 3-paycheck months. The Trustee should be able to conclude a 13 is not viable from the W2 I have provided however, so I'm not worried.
                Last edited by Snax; 02-07-2011, 08:52 AM.
                Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11

Comment

Hoping no news is good news on that issue. PACER has no updates.

We did however get an email from our attorney about the bank reaffirming our vehicle, taking us down from 12.9% to 8% for the remaining months. It only cuts $34/mo off our payments at this point, but that's better than nothing and our attorney approves.
                  Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11

Comment

04/04/2011 12 Bankruptcy Case Closed (Admin.) (Entered: 04/04/2011)
                    Woohoo!
                    Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11

Comment

Congratulations!!! So amazingly awesome!
                      Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

cue the hamsters...

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X