Delinquent Property Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delinquent Property Taxes

Does anyone know if we need to pay delinquent property taxes if we are losing our home in Foreclosure? These are taxes from 2010 that we have not been able to pay. We filed for Chapter 7 in March 09. Discharged July 09. We did not reaffirm the mortgage. Therefore, legally we are in the clear to walk away. We were able to maintain payments until this past December and have realized it's just not possible for us to do this any longer.

The bank has been sending us letters and it's only a matter of time before they start the foreclosure process. Therefore, do we still have to pay the past due property tax bills? And can they come after us??

Any input is appreciated!!!

The bank will have to pay the taxes once they take the property back.

Comment

The property taxes are secured by the property. Since the home loan was discharged in the bankruptcy the bank cannot pursue you for any costs related to that loan, including property taxes. Their only option is to foreclose and they will need to take care of the property taxes with your taxing authority.
      Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Two things, congrats BobMango on Case Closed and great news about taxes, I was concerned about that also.
        Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X