top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 7 No asset, what they can go after?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 No asset, what they can go after?

Hi,
    I am new to this form,
    I signed the paperwork last week, but it looks like a "no asset" case, but I currently work, and make money, but have (-100) after expenes? can they (credit card companys)?
    Thanks
    Russ

If you are declared a no asset case then your debts will be discharged without payment to your creditors. They are then permanently barred from pursuing you for the money. Based on the information you've given I'd say you're in the clear.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Thanks, it was just signed but not filled yet, my attoney said he was waiting to see who the turstee would be, and then press that botton to file. He said he did not see a problem...
      I do have a few charge offs, and a few coming in about 10 days, what will happen with those?

Comment

Hi NewStart11,

If you listed the creditors in your BK, the debt changes to discharged. Creditors are barred from any collection. You can get your credit reports changed to "inlcuded in BK" with a zero balance.

You should get a 1099-C from any cancelled debt, but you file form 982 and exclude it from your tax return.

Good luck, hope your case goes smoothly!

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X