Tax Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Resolution

Does anyone have any recommendation on a tax resolution firm or attorney? We owe about $120,000 in back payroll taxes from 941. Most of this is interest and penalties.. now that we are almost over with our BK we need to focus on this mess. Anyone have anyone they can refer me to?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hi jenbow,

Completely ignorant here, just wanted to get your post bumped up.

Are the taxes owed to the feds or the state? The IRS has field offices w/ tax resolution agents.

I would be VERY WARY of "tax resolution firms" ...I suspect most do what you could do on your own and charge a big fee for the privilege. But who knows, there may be some good ones out there. A good tax attorney would be awesome...if you can afford one. Always a catch isnt there?

Good luck on your tax mess, as an old friend of mine used to say, "forget justice, I want mercy!"

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Stay away from the ones that advertise on T.V.

With 941's, you should really get some help...the IRS is most aggressive in collecting 941 tax (after all, they view it as stealing) and there is possible criminal liability.

As for specific recommendations, rules of this forum...no recommendations are given.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X