341 tomorrow morning - starting to get nervous again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow morning - starting to get nervous again

Since filing in December, I have finally been able to sleep nights cause I could see the light at the end of the tunnel -- but last night I was up stressing again. Our 341 is tomorrow, and I'm just getting nervous all over again. We had some errors on our schedules and means test that I brought to my attorney's attention a couple of weeks ago. Been checking Pacer and have seen no changes or inputs, so my husband called today to make sure everything was ready to go tomorrow. She told him changes have been made and we're good to go. She's just giving them to the trustee tomorrow. This going to be okay? She's a trustee herself and says it's not a problem - so guess I'm just going to have to trust her. The errors weren't major. We already had a negative DMI with the errors, and now we're just even more in the negative - so guess that's why she's saying it's not an issue. Just so ready for this to be over with!! If all goes smoothly tomorrow, can I stop worrying?? We pass the means test, over the median income by about $1000 but still negative when they complete the test. Is there anything else I should worry about that could come up before discharge?
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Well, it's in three hours. Sitting here at the computer getting all my paperwork ready to go that I have to bring. Hoping for the best today!
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Good Luck today!!!
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Yes, good luck today!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I think you are fine, I don't think they will worry about being just $1000 over median, but you never know. The 14 days after your 341 is a crucial time, the UST can make waves, but other than that, if everything else is in order, you should be in great shape. Sometimes being over median brings up a red flag. I know because this happened to us, but as far as the 341 meeting itself, it was a breeze!! Good luck and keep us posted.
          Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

ssm...you probably have your 341 past you by now. hope it went well for you.
            Waitin to hear....NO WORRIES
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Yes, I am -- 341 went fine. Got there about an hour early and the trustee was alot of tougher on some than I expected. She was nice and friendly but asked alot of questions of some that I wasn't anticipating. The one question she consistently asked of those surrendering their homes was if they had at least attempted to sell it. All ahead of us said yes, and that made me nervous because we haven't. We know there's no point and don't want to go through the hassle. No one in their right mind would pay what we owe on our house. I was concerned how she was going to react when I said no. She asked - but when I said no, just simply asked why, and I responded with the fact that we owe about $80K more than it would sell for. She asked what I was basing those numbers on and I told her comps in my neighborhood. She was fine with my response. She asked about two vehicles we had sold and how we met the individuals that bought them -- trying to determine if they were family or friends and then said "Ok, we're done." Didn't ask about a possible tax refund, nothing about being over the median. My attorney asked for us to wait outside as she had another client right after us. About 5 minutes later, she came out and told us we were good to go - discharge would be 04/11. She had our reaffirmation agreement for our vehicle that we're keeping. I asked if we had anything we should be the least bit concerned about, and she said, "Nope, you're good. Wish you the best."

So, guess we're just in waiting mode now. Thought I would feel extremely relieved today -- and while I do -- I'm still pretty down about losing our home. Hurts to lose the dream of my kids growing up here and always having that childhood home to come back to. My oldest will be almost grown and gone before we can buy another home, and that bothers me. But I am happy to have the bills behind us and be able to start saving for our future instead of worrying about how we're going to ever get ahead. Just kind of a bittersweet day, I suppose.

Comment

ssm...sending (((hugs))) Glad it went well for you.
                I know that is hard.
                I lost my dream home, though not thru bk, but thru divorce. Remember sitting on the curb crying.
                Had to keep telling myself that it was a pile of 2 x's in a pretty package. So i can kinda relate.
                Good luck to you.

Comment

Thanks! Still alot of tears today - but my daughter hugged me when she got home from school and told me it didn't matter where we lived as long as we were all together. The kids have been amazingly AWESOME throughout all of this. Just kinda scary not knowing where we'll end up. Trying to save up as much as we can now while we don't have a house payment in order to have a good-sized nest egg before we do have housing expenses again.

Comment

I am so glad your 341 went well!!! Your daughter sounds like a very smart young lady!

Hang in there!! {{{{HUGS!!}}}} to you.

It is scary to wonder where we are going to live, isn't it? My kids are grown but I have fur kids that I refuse to part with - all were rescues and I can *not* part with them.

Change your siggy - your 341 is DONE!
                    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
                      Thanks! Still alot of tears today - but my daughter hugged me when she got home from school and told me it didn't matter where we lived as long as we were all together. The kids have been amazingly AWESOME throughout all of this. Just kinda scary not knowing where we'll end up. Trying to save up as much as we can now while we don't have a house payment in order to have a good-sized nest egg before we do have housing expenses again.
                      Sounds like your daughter is really cool. Being together IS what matters.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X