top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally found a good attorney - thanks for all your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally found a good attorney - thanks for all your help!

Thanks to all your advice, I had what turned out to be my final interview with an attorney because I really like this guy. Was down to earth, listened to what I had to say, was thankful that I had researched bk process and was amazed at how organized I was. He even dropped his price $1000 because the others were going to charge 1800 and he dropped it to 1700. He's also going to petition for them to drop the filing fee - didn't make promises, but he has successfully gotten it droppeed before so knows the rules and regs.

Now I finish filling out his paperwork (and thanks to all of you and listening to what you did, everything is pretty much in place so I just have to make some copies, get my income tax done (next Tuesday) and once that is done, he will file my case.

Timing was incredible because I just finally received the notice from BofA lawyer yesterday that they will be handing this off for a Sheriff's sale within 30 days if I don't negotiate with the Loss Mitigation Department and bring my account current with a cashier's check - like that's ever gonna happen with being 50% underwater. Oh, and Chase will cut the 2nd mtg in half if I pay the entire amount. Yup - I've got 13,000 just sitting around Chase - um - I think I'll pass on that one.

Thanks again to all of you for making this not so scary. I was prepared, I was condident and I could talk bk language, made the meeting much easier.

Congrats, Discouraged.....Happy Filing!
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X