Filing without an attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing without an attorney?

Hi everyone, my spouse and I are thinking of filing on our own in AZ without an attorney. Has anyone else filed without an attorney? My main concern is we will be surrendering a vehicle and are nervous to do that without knowing all the details involved?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

You are in the right place. However, search first on pro se and there is a forum on that. Download the C7 book from Nolo Press online for about 25 bucks pdf format. Has all you need to know about C7. About surrendering your auto, no problem. There is a world of that question here too. I won't comment on that till you get more acquainted with this place. Read all the "stickies" on the forums you may wish to read. Will be back soon. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Go to the 'Pro Se' thread, and read, read, and read some more. Look at the Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Forums and read the 'stickies' there and the various threads. Your questions have most likely been answered before.

Also consider looking at the nolopress.com site, and purchasing the latest 'do it yourself' guide for the Chapter you are thinking of filing.

Good luck to you, and welcome to the Forum.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you for your help! We will check out those sites!

Comment

Welcome DaveD, this forum is a great resource for learning a lot about a bk very quickly and the forum members are simply the most helpful and friendly people around, welcome to the forum!
          Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X