top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to Celebrate and Show Thanks and Pay it Forward - Case Discharged!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to Celebrate and Show Thanks and Pay it Forward - Case Discharged!!!

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has helped me along this journey. Your kindness and support to a total stranger like me is incredibly appreciated. I only hope that I can "pass it forward" to others who are in similar situations in the future.

Yesterday, my case was officially discharged!

My Chapter 7 erased nearly $250,000 in debt
    that would have literally followed me to my grave. I am sworn to live off of cash going forward and have "learned my lesson."

To those who are coming on to this board for the first time, the best advice I can give you is to rid yourself of the guilt you are carrying. It eats at your soul and only harms you - and even worse - those near and dear to you.

It is much better to accept that you are in a bind that you cannot escape from - and seek the help and guidance that so many on this forum are willing to share.

I wish everyone a positive 2011 and beyond - and will make sure to come onto this board now and then to "pay it forward" in any way I can.
    Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

GMAN - great post and congratulations!!!
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

What chicagoannie said

Comment

Congrats! Be warned, I find myself even more addicted to this board since the discharge, lol.

Comment

Huge congrats!!!!

Comment

Big congrats! In some of our darkest hours it's posts like these that bring the light of hope and vision of freedom from the shackles of debt. So excited for you!

Comment

BIG CONGRATS, GMAN!!!! I have followed your saga and have learned along with you....so you have already begun to pay it forward....! You are so right - the guilt is worthless on so many levels. It should be considered 100% business; Bringing back proper balance to your financial status. There are many things that are out of balance and will continue to be out of balance that are out of our control (i.e, I am a renter - I was previously a home owner years ago - and cannot write off thousands in rent dollars every year, which affects my total income every year).....those things that we do not have control over may be remedied by making some changes that may seem extreme (a roommate at my age i/o renting alone??) - but remember, nothing, NOTHING is permanent. Keep moving forward. Keep celebrating!!!
              Retained attorney 05-18-10
              Stopped Paying CC minimum payments 06-18-10; Filed Ch. 7 Dec. 2010
              Discharged & Closed March 2011

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinegal View Post
                congrats! Be warned, i find myself even more addicted to this board since the discharge, lol.
                ditto & ditto.
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

AS YOU SAID, now go forward to aid others.

Grats from Mrs. C and I: Here is your official discharge Victory Dance from the Forum (in an unofficial way).

Anda one, anda two, anda here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9aA_fba_To

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Awesome news, Gman! Congrats!
                    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Congrats Gman!!!
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I still remember the 341 report - didn't you sit through a few dozen 341 meetings and report all your findings? That was paying it forward before your time bigtime! Anyway, congrats to you!
                        There are two secrets for success in life:
                        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Happy Fresh Start to You, gman!

Woot Woot!!
                          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your journey with us gman!!

I'll have to do the happy dance in your honor!

Tom in Colo
                            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X