top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settlement sheet needed for 341 hearing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement sheet needed for 341 hearing??

Hi!

I am finally getting the paperwork needed to file BK 7 (to be filed in Baltimore, MD) We are just waiting on our tax refund to pay the attorney fees.... I am trying to gather the paperwork needed for the trustee, and the lawyer has settlement statement listed as one of the documents that we need to bring. The problem is, I don't have a copy of our settlement statement from our refi back in 09. Is this going to be a huge problem? I hope that it doesn't prevent us from obtaining a discharge.

I know I am just worrying for nothing, aren't I? The reality of all of this has finally sunk in and I'm a little anxious. I guess I have been in denial since Oct when we decided this was what we had to do.

Have a great day everyone! And hang in there.

Lynda

Hi Lynda - I provided my Truth in Lending Statement and my Deed of Trust. You should have that in your closing papers. If not, you can get that from your settlement attorney where you did the refi.

Your attorney is collecting these papers to fill out the schedules for your filing. Most likely, you won't be asked for the settlement statement from your refi, at all. You will, however, need at your 341 your latest bank statements in between your filing and the actual hearing.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Hi shrews,

Attorney might want it for documentation of your payment/loan balance; it factors in expenses and equity calculations. It also becomes necessary if you are reaffirming (DON'T)

Give the lender a call, they should be able to send you a copy. Or better yet, have your attorney call and get them to fax it to his/her office.

Good luck w/ your BK!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Hi Lynda,

When you closed on your loan you should have received a thick folder with copies of everything you signed. The settlement statement will be in there and it's called the HUD-!, 2 pages (I think) and will list every cost associated with the loan. What the trustee is probably looking for is the amount of cash you got back at closing, if any.

If you don't have, look on your deed for the Title Company, should be listed in the top left corner, and call them. I think Title Companies keep copies of the loan package for 7 years. It will be faster and easier to get it from the title co than the lender.

SG

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X