Bank statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank statements

Does anyone know what they'll be looking for in my bank statements? I'm a little worried about others looking over them, nothing shady, just embarassing how I have mismanaged my money

That's to prove that what you say is in your account is in your account.

Want to talk about embarrassing, we buy milk, cigarettes, gas etc. from a Liquor Store. I was waiting to be questioned about 50 debits at the Liquor store, but thankfully, there were only looking at the numbers. Or, maybe they figured I was thirsty.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Hi iamsam- heck if we all didn't mismanage our money there would be no forum...LOL...seriously some folks got here through no fault of their own (large medical bills,loss of jobs,equity in house disappeared,etc.) while others had help with a combo of mismanagement and some or all of the above. Point is nobody cares how you got here-but what they'll be looking for on bank statements are large ins and outs that can't be explained with good reasons. If, for example, you gave 10k to your mother within the last two years-thats a bad and the trustee mayl want it back-the farther back it was the less chance you'll have a problem-last week or two probably a big problem. Look through the forum for searches on "transfers of cash", bank statements, etc and you'll find lots of info on this and many subjects. Good lluck.

Comment

They look at two things balance on hand the day of filing and any large amount ofunds com in in or out during the last 90 days prior to filing.

Good luck
        Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X