Qualifing for Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qualifing for Chapter 7

Has anyone qualifed for Chaper 7 making over $120,000 a year. My husband has been off work for 6 months and does not have an income. I'm a nurse but we are not making ends meet..... My Attorney thinks I may still qualify, but it seems to me they try and push you in a Chaper 7 becuse it is easier for them and you dont have chance.
    Filed 3/1/11.... 341 done!!! 4/22/11 sixty day club

I guess I don't understand the question...you want to be a Chapter 7, and you don't want to be pushed into a 13 most likely unless you have some assets you're trying to protect above your exemptions. You can qualify for a 7 if you don't have any disposable income and can pass the means test. We are over the median quite a lot and passed due to equally high expenses.
    Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Thanks Jacey..... I do want a Chapter 7, I was wondering how many people do get it who are well over the median income. It makes me feel better that I may have a chance. My new lawyer thinks so, I talked to a one a couple of weeks ago that I didnt sign with and He woundnt even try to put me in a 7 said I had to do a 13.
      Filed 3/1/11.... 341 done!!! 4/22/11 sixty day club

Comment

When we started looking at filing I also thought it would be an automatic ch 13 as we are 3000k over median for our state, our lawyer felt otherwise.

After using the calculator legalconsumer (sorry can't post links yet, but it is a good calculator) with all of the default expense amounts and after entering the mortgage, car payments, and child care, it says we qualify for 7 so I see where our lawyer is coming from.

Give the calculator a shot and see what it comes up with.

Comment

Hi all,

...happy to help out!

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X