top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion to Avoid Lien GRANTED - Discharge next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion to Avoid Lien GRANTED - Discharge next?

Howdy my friends. . .calling all the Gurus . .

There was a hearing today on the Motion to Avoid Lien - it was granted. My 60 days was up last Friday. Just wondering if this is the order in which it works - will the discharge come now that the Motion to Avoid Lien has been granted?

Sidenote: We have also filed a Motion to Redeem our car, and Ford Objected to it (which I think they automatically do anyway I believe). The hearing for that is March 1st. I didn't think the Redemption and the Discharge had anything to do with each other, but does it? We are negotiating with Ford - but honestly I don't care either way. If we don't get to keep the car, US Bank has already approved us for a loan so we'll just get something else.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

I doubt that the motion to avoid lien was holding up you discharge. The judgment avoiding the lien could come either before or after the discharge, but it would need to come before the case was closed.

The sixty day number you hear used so much is not a timeframe for the granting of the discharge. Creditors have 60 days from the date of your § 341 to object to your discharge, so 60 days is the soonest you can be discharged after the § 341. It's not uncommon at all for the discharge to actually come 70, 80 or 90 days after your § 341.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Thank you so much MSBKLawyer! That makes me feel better.
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

We had 30 more days added on as we became an asset case. Being so ignorant of all the procedure at that time, we didn't know the significance of any time frame. We learned it here during and after our discharge. Our close was a year later, and our super lawyer gave us notice of that months later by mail. Of course we had gotten the same mail she got a year before. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X