Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am I eligible for Chap.7 bankruptcy

Hello Everyone,
    I retired 10 years ago,and thought I was going to have it made.Then reality set in,and I started using my credit cards & accepting unsecured personal loans.I am in debt up to my "eyeballs".I have never missed a payment,and creditors are not calling me,But,when I finish paying my bills on the first of the month,I am BROKE.My wife & I are buying a home and would like to keep it.Please give me your thoughts as to what we should do re:filing for Bankruptcy/eliminating some or all of our credit card debt.Thanks in advance to all who offer their thoughts.
    brokeone

I had a similar situation, I was paying my minimum payments on all my cards always on time. I had excellent credit but I had alot of it, it was past my earballs. On top of that I decided that if I'm going to work so hard anyway I deserve a new house. So because of my excellent credit rating (I blame this on the mortgage people) I got financed on a new house without selling the old one.
    Now, I don't have a job and we're filing for bankruptcy. My whole life crashed in front of my eyes within a couple of months.
    My advice to you is to file bk, arrange your self in a modest life style, and move on. Life is too short to have to be owned by plastic.... and a new house....
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Comment

Am I eligible for chap.7 bankruptcy

Edytahome,
      Thanks for taking the time to help me.I'm leaning towards BK,because the credit cards are killing me.I know it's due to my own dumbness,and I've got to find a way out of this mess I've created.
      brokeone

Comment

Don't Worry

NEWFREEDOM073
        HELLO THERE .

In some aspect i can give you some comfort in telling you that now is the time to file CHAPTER 7 if you need to. The new bill will be signed by the president the first week of April, but it takes 180 days to be effective . I have just started my BK , and i will tell you that it's a relief to be out from under all my debt . As far as your credit card debt... it will be eliminated in the bankruptcy . The only things that BK will not eliminate is student loans, and IRS .
        GOOD LUCK ...

Comment

I know bankruptcy is a BIG STEP but the fact is ... it's very, very common in society as we know it. If i can send you and email >> i will send you some information to put your mind at ease about the situation . It's something my lawyer gave me when i felt the way you are now .

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X