top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISCHARGED & Mortage Loan Modification all in 1 week...might be best week ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DISCHARGED & Mortage Loan Modification all in 1 week...might be best week ever!

Wells Fargo called me on Monday to tell me that after almost 8 months of working towards a mortgage loan modification, that we were approved. We are to be put immediately into the trial phase and in 3 months, we will receive everything for the mortgage to be converted permanently to the new reduced interest rates. I know that a lot of people give up because the process is so tedious but it is worth it. Assuming no glitches in paperwork, we are now approved for an adjustable rate from 2-5% max on our mortgage. This new lower payment will really help us out. It's actually almost 1/2 of what we were paying!

Received a phone call from my lawyer today that our discharge was entered yesterday. We thought we were still waiting for both Trustees involved to finish their reports. One on assets and the other from the UST because he had originally filed a 707b to either convert or dismiss. The trustee overseeing the assets was satisfied that it was a no asset case and put in his report. My attorney never heard back from the UST after we provided additional documentation requested when we met at our 341 meeting (a total of over 400 pages of documents between his initial request and subsequent requests at our meeting). Our proposed discharge date came and because he didn't file another motion or request for extension, our discharge was entered.

Our lawyer told us to go celebrate this weekend...and we are going to. I feel like a thousand pound weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I can honestly say that it all seems so surreal and I am so happy to know that this part is over and we can move forward starting to re-build everything. I am not sure what I am going to do with all of my "free" time as I was spending almost as much time putting documentation together for both the BK and the loan modification as I was working.

I want to thank everyone on here for providing such a great support system and I don't think I would ever have gotten any sleep these past 8 months without having found this forum as a resource for information. It is so comforting to know that there are other people going through the same. Good luck to everyone who is still in the process. Just be persistent and you will get through it.

that is sooo great cw. What a way to begin the weekend and the rest of your life.
    Good luck and the very best to you.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! cw99, and congrats on the Loan Mod too. I hope it goes well for you. Meanwhile, here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Great news all around - Happy Celebrating!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Happy Fresh Start to You, cw9!! WTG!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Wow - 2 for 1!! Congrats!

Comment

Awsome news, CW! Congrats!
              Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X