Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Return

Hi all,

what happens with your tax return filing for the year your BK was discharged? Mine was discharged in October of 2010. I am preparing to file my taxes for the 2010 tax year. there was a house involved in the BK. A first and a second. Both were included in the BK and is currently waiting for bank approval on a short sale offer. so i am not on the hook for the balance of the loan i had on the home. i paid last year so the trustee did not take any tax return money. So i guess i am asking if i just file normally? is there something i should be including in my return that would be related to the BK and short sale? its my understanding i should be getting a 1099 from the home loan lender but as the house is still in the sale process i assume that wold come next year?

im not sure if i am making sense but i appreciate the help!

I think you just file normally including any 1099's that you may have received form the financial institutions.the sale will come next year. Use the search function for "tax returns" or tax refunds and you will find a lot of stuff to read.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X