Things to bring to the 341...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to bring to the 341...

I had this in another thread, but thought I'd ask these questions separately.

I was just looking over again the paperwork that the attorney sent regarding the 341. I'll admit I hadn't fully read it before now (since I broke my foot, the homefront has been a little chaotic. You know how that is, mom is down and out and the house starts to unravel. )

Anyway, he sends a paper with the date, time etc..

How to get there (map), where to park, where to meet him once inside, and to arrive at least 30 min. early so he can review any questions we have, go over what the trustee will ask.

It also asks for you to bring your ID and SSC (which I already knew), and the following documents: bank statement/printout showing transactions following filing and up to 341, most recent paystub, and taxes (if filed).

Is this the norm? Or is he just being prepared?

Also, we got a letter from our CU requesting proof of insurance on the car (that we plan on keeping). It was actually sent to our attorney, but we received a copy. They want to make sure we have full coverage on the vehicle, a deductible no higher than $500, and that they are the payee in case of loss. Which is fine, we have all that, but I hadn't seen anyone else post about something like this...

The attorney said to just bring that with us as well. Typical for the CU to ask for this?

It sounds like you have a good attorney that has everything together. You will do fine.

I haven't seen this question about a CU wanting proof of insurance before. I would think that would be in the paperwork for the original loan. All you are doing is reaffirming that loan...
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      It sounds like you have a good attorney that has everything together. You will do fine.
      I agree. You must bring your social security card and drivers license. You're paying that attorney, so listen and do as he says.

Let us know how it turns out.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I should also add to leave the cell phones in the car. Not all places have issues with them, but our 341 was in a conference room in the courthouse, and we had to go through the security, and 'Hub had to go back to the car with the cell phone.

Comment

I should also add to leave the cell phones in the car. Not all places have issues with them, but our 341 was in a conference room in the courthouse, and we had to go through the security, and 'Hub had to go back to the car with the cell phone.
          Oh ya, the letter does say to leave certain things in the car--any nails files, pocket knives, scissors, mace...anything that could be considered a weapon. I should call the attorney and ask him about phones. I don't mind leaving them in the car, I just always worry one of the kids will call from school hurt or something. Not that we could answer while we're in court, so it doesn't really matter I guess.

It also has a note about appropriate courtroom attire. Jacket and ties NOT required for men, nor dresses for ladies, but no shorts, tank tops or t-shirts are permitted.

I have to say, I think he's very professional and has covered just about allll the bases regarding being prepared and getting us prepared. The nerves are my own doing. LOL

Comment

JEM, my lawyer told me to do the same thing regarding full-coverage insurance. I'm not going to keep the car in question and am still required to bring proof of insurance. My lawyer said it is an asset that belongs to the Trustee in the process until he/she decides they don't want it or need it for liquidation, etc., and must be insured to protect their property. He said he's seen people fail to bring insurance proof and have the Trustee refuse to let them drive the car away from the courthouse because if there's an accident, it changes everything.
            Filed Chapter 7 on 2/22/11, 341 meeting held 3/30/11, relief of stay on foreclosure 4/12/11, relief of stay on auto 5/17/11, Discharge on 6/6/11!

Comment

Another suggestion: it's rather late to think about this now, but since you are on crutches with the boot, try to get a temporary handicap permit so that you can park in a handicapped spot. These are good for six months.

Comment

I wish I had your attorney! Mine doesn't respond to emails, lacks paperwork and hasn't contacted me about my 341 meeting ...which is just two days away!
                Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by vicmost View Post
                  I wish I had your attorney! Mine doesn't respond to emails, lacks paperwork and hasn't contacted me about my 341 meeting ...which is just two days away!
                  Not cool! Have you tried to contact him or her aside from e-mail? What about just going in to the office? Once all is said and done, there must be sites out there to post negative 'reviews' of laywers on. Just shocking.
                  Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by pikaroth View Post
                    Not cool! Have you tried to contact him or her aside from e-mail? What about just going in to the office? Once all is said and done, there must be sites out there to post negative 'reviews' of laywers on. Just shocking.
                    Calling is the only way that I get a result. There are a few problems with my case and the paperwork since I was assigned a new Trustee with different requirements than they're used to. My gut instinct is that they are overwhelmed with work.
                    As I have already paid them $4000 I do not want to push them to hard since I can't afford another attorney....And one also has to realize that it is a tense situation, I do not want to over react. I will contact them today.
                    Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Comment

I have to say that I'm extremely lucky that my attorney has always returned calls same day.

Comment

Hi JEM: Did you see my suggestion about the handicap permit? Tomorrow is the only day you will have....

Comment

Hi JEM: Did you see my suggestion about the handicap permit? Tomorrow is the only day you will have....
                          I did. And checked what the requirements were online. I'd have to get the doctor to fill out paperwork and bring it to the dmv. Dh works tomorrow, so since I can't drive, I'd have no way to go get it done. Considering doing it after though, as I'll still have awhile longer with the crutches.

For the 341, dh should be able to drop me off right in front and then go park the car.

Comment

As I said, it was late bringing this up, but I didn't even think of it til this morning... duh... Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
                              It also asks for you to bring your ID and SSC (which I already knew), and the following documents: bank statement/printout showing transactions following filing and up to 341, most recent paystub, and taxes (if filed).

Is this the norm? Or is he just being prepared?
                              These are the items listed in the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure 4002 so it's totally routine to be asked for them. Nothing to worry about.
                              There are two secrets for success in life:
                              1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X