Proper Order of Forms and Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper Order of Forms and Schedules

Can anyone tell me from experience the proper order to assemble all the forms and schedules for a Chapter 7 filing?

Thinking of going pro se as my case is pretty straightforward. By the numbers I pass the means test. I have no assets I wish to keep other than my retirement account and an older car that I own free & clear (both of which are exempt).

Check the US Bankruptcy Court website for the district you will file in. I know mine had a lovely little list, under the clerk's office portion, of exactly what was needed to file, and in what order. Also check local rules, since they do vary..for instance, I was required to file "flat", no staples, no folds, etc. Doing this pro se is not the easiest thing in the world, but it can be done successfully.

John
    Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

Comment

Originally posted by jcj112562 View Post
      I know mine had a lovely little list, under the clerk's office portion, of exactly what was needed to file, and in what order.
      This is pretty much how I ordered mine. I went to the website of my district's bankruptcy courthouse and they had a sheet of all of the included forms, and I just ordered mine as they had them listed on the sheet. I figured if I missed anything out of order, either the clerk or I could remedy it when I filed the documents, but there was no need.
      Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
      341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
      Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X