top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about returning lost library books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about returning lost library books...

Hi everyone,
    This may be a silly question, but when I originally filed my paperwork, I listed a university library as one of my creditors. The charges were for overdue fines and lost library material. The charges, since these things were lost, was pretty hefty.
    Anyway, I've recently found the lost books and want to return them back to the rightful owner. Now, the library told me at one point that if I found and returned the books, they would take the charges away. So, I kinda feel silly asking this, but since I'm still under BK protection, am I allowed to return those items and have that debt relinquished since it was originally part of my creditor matrix?
    It's certainly not a preferential payment, because I'm not paying anything out of pocket, just simply returning property to the owner who will no longer charge me the original fees.

Thanks for the help!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

Hi SScott - If it were me, I would return them after the discharge so I wouldn't have to amend my petition, but check with your attorney...
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X