top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I give to prove expenses paid from refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I give to prove expenses paid from refund?

As has been stated, I/we are using the tax refund to pay for several things. Insurance, we bought some groceries, taxes, business expenses, etc. Not all of these things have an actual receipt. The insurance, for instance, is done through a check issued by the bank, not written by us. Would a list suffice for things like that? That's how we have paid it for years; we seldom write checks these days. Bill Pay transactions look like this:

S____ Bank
    Recurring Payment $5xx.xx 02/10/2011 (Confirmation #)

Would something like that work, putting the transactions on a list, when we don't have a receipt?

My attorney's para did not list my husband's bank accts, which all bills are generally paid through (he's not filing). He's the only money earner in the household; obviously he is the one paying my insurance, etc. Is that a big deal?
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Hi NewPage,

I think the transaction list is a great idea, can't imagine a trustee making a fuss b/c you were really organized

Your husband bringing home the bacon with bills paid from his account is not a big deal, you won't be the first time the trustee has seen that. If I were your trustee, I would want to see his bank statements.

But w/ your organization and disclosing everything it should be smooth sailing!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X