No announcement yet.

Am I in Trouble??? Ch 7 Post discharge class issue...input please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least he got to exempt the last quarter.
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandmom View Post
      I'm feeling so much love in the room . . . LOL
      ME TOO!!!!!
      Like a warm fuzzy, gushy, feelin groovy kind of good. Such great friends we've never met!!
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

LOL....thanx for all of the replies!

Originally posted by debee View Post
        Well, at least he got to exempt the last quarter.
        This I didn't quite understand.

Also...since I have a few people in this thread already...maybe I could get a few more opinions on my other BK situation.

As you all know, may 90 days are close at and.
        I have completed the online debt management class, certificate printed out, but do have one credit card company that is claiming I have secured items...in this case electronics.

The purchases are waaay past the 90 days...actually over 1 year old.....
        My lawyer is next to useless...she actually FORGOT to file my case for nearly 3 months!
        Since then she has been better, but far less than remarkable.

Anyway, what do I do?

I welcome your comments/questions!

Comment

Which credit card? Best Buy? Most folks here have told them to come and get it. From what I understand in 99% of the cases, they never show up. Hang tough and do not reaffirm the debt or pay them a lump sum.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

OK...I did mine last night and our 341 is Wednesday...did I screw up by doing it early?
            Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Jacey-If it was the post bk class....you are good to go!!!!
              my attorney told me to do mine anytime after filing. Did it the day after he filed. That way it was done and i brought my certificate with me to the 341 and gave it to my attorney to file.
              Good luck to you on Wed. Hoping to hear how it went.
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Thank you! I'm nervous because I'm worried that my expenses might not fly, and I'm over the median income. My attorney doesn't seem worried at all, but I'm afraid he may just not care!
                Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Originally posted by MP76 View Post
                  This I didn't quite understand.
                  There used to be a rap artist named "50 Cent" (Might still exist, I don't know anything about rap) and the almost-joke was he declared bk and had to change his name to "Quarter" because he had to part with some assets but he got to keep a quarter because it was exempt. Don't feel bad about not getting my jokes. It happens aaaallllllll the time.

Originally posted by MP76 View Post
                  I have ... one credit card company that is claiming I have secured items...in this case electronics.
                  As VY said, they may try to bully you into reaffirming or settling. They normally do. They threaten to come get things, but in 99% of the cases, they never show up. It's a game of chicken. Electronics depreciate quickly so they may already be worth less than what remains unpaid.
                  There are two secrets for success in life:
                  1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                    Which credit card? Best Buy? Most folks here have told them to come and get it. From what I understand in 99% of the cases, they never show up. Hang tough and do not reaffirm the debt or pay them a lump sum.
                    As VY said, they may try to bully you into reaffirming or settling. They normally do. They threaten to come get things, but in 99% of the cases, they never show up. It's a game of chicken. Electronics depreciate quickly so they may already be worth less than what remains unpaid.
                    It is/was a BB card....
                    Sooooo....I just choose that I will surrender the collateral...the likely outdated electronics, by leaving a name and contact number and leave the ball in their court...?

This will not have an effect on my 60 day date...right?

I really appreciate all of the help.
                    You are all very helpful!

I should have posted more through these last few months.

There used to be a rap artist named "50 Cent" (Might still exist, I don't know anything about rap) and the almost-joke was he declared bk and had to change his name to "Quarter" because he had to part with some assets but he got to keep a quarter because it was exempt. Don't feel bad about not getting my jokes. It happens aaaallllllll the time.
                    LOL....I have that same problem at times as well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X