top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any reason I would want to look at Pacer prior to the 341 meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any reason I would want to look at Pacer prior to the 341 meeting?

We are using an attorney and we filed a few weeks ago, 341 is next week. Is there anything to be gained by looking up our account in Pacer at this time? Or is it only at following the 341 meeting when information appears? How soon after the 341 should I check Pacer?

Thanks!

hi nicole.
    I checked Pacer a few times before my 341 just to make sure things were filed. Like the counseling courses. Found out the atty office didn't get the certificate from my pre-filing course that was suppose to be directly e-mailed to them.
    I put in the wrong e-mail address for my atty. Something i would not have caught had i not checked it.
    I think as long as your not checking it a bunch of times a day you should be fine.
    Was an encouragement to me to see that everything was progressing the way it should.
    Good luck on your 341.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Okay, that makes sense Oregon Pilot. I might check it once to make sure everything looks good. I have not mentioned Pacer to our attorney, not sure if he knows that I know about it. Everything is going really smoothly so far, so we hope the 341 is also smooth.

Thank you!
      Nicole

Comment

Originally posted by nicole1969 View Post
        Okay, that makes sense Oregon Pilot. I might check it once to make sure everything looks good. I have not mentioned Pacer to our attorney, not sure if he knows that I know about it. Everything is going really smoothly so far, so we hope the 341 is also smooth.

Thank you!
        Nicole
        I mentioned pacer to my atty once...(when i found out about the certificate not being filed) and he looked at me like---how would i know about pacer. LIKE it's a big bk atty secret. LOL
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

We had our 341 last Thursday. Everything went well. I asked my attorney about pacer before the meeting. He basically made it sound like it was a waste of my time and money. Like it was something for lawyers only and that they would notify me of anything that happened. Other than that comment, everything has been great with them and I'm happy we chose them.

I registered on pacer any way and see today that the trustee entered the report of no distribution on Friday.

From the time I considered filing, I wanted to learn as much as possible. Seems like maybe they're afraid we'll learn too much.
          Stopped charging 6-1-10 - Filed 1-25-11 - 341 2-24-11 - Discharged 4-26-11 - Closed 4-29-11
          Any opinion I give is strictly that! I am not a lawyer.

Comment

I am awaiting 341 and I went ahead and accessed pacer to keep an eye on things. I have an attorney, but I am extra cautious and just want to know as much as possible. I was happy to see that my case had been assigned the trustee I was hoping for and the judge as well. If this type of info will help ease your mind, then totally worth it IMO.
            Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

Aside from notice of deficiencies (i.e. missing forms), hardly anything happens in a BK case prior to the 341 meeting.

So, do yourself a favor, only check it ONCE, prior to the 341 meeting (maybe about a week after filing).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X