BofA and ride through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BofA and ride through

Has anyone done a ride through with Bank of America and your mortgage? How did things change. I've read that some lenders turn of your online access which is fine but that some also stop sending you your monthly statements? If this is the case with bank of america, how do things like escrow, homeowners insurance and taxes. These things are in the mortgage so every so often the payment changes some.

We have BOA for ours. They cut off our online access but still send our paper statements every month. We have an escrow account with our homeowner's insurance and taxes in it and those were paid on time from them during our BK. We did not reaffirm and they just reviewed our escrow account like they do every year and adjusted our mortgage payment as normal. We're still paying and they're still accepting the money and everything is pretty status quo aside from the online banking on their site.
    Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
    Discharged - 11/18/2010
    Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

Thanks! Sounds good to me.

Comment

How long after you stopped paying did they turn off online access.

We have 3 banking accounts with them along with our 1 & 2 mortgages. Only stopped paying last month.
        Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
        341 scheduled 4/18/11
        DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Comment

We have ours with BofA, still get the monthly statements, havent tried to log in online, but when I went to the branch they wouldnt accept my payment. When i called, they transferred me to the bk dept, and took my mtg pymt over the phone, no charge or fees for it.
          Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

Hi ScaredINMich,

They usually don't cut online access for not paying, they want to give you all available options to pay!

When you file BK, some lenders cut off online access and statements due to the restrictions of a lender contacting a debtor in BK. And then some lenders do nothing as long as the payments keep rolling in.

From what I have seen around here, BoA seems to cut online access and move the account to the "BK dept" Seen a number of posters say that they got online access/statements back when they asked for it.

Good luck all,

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I have BofA also. They cut my online access off i week after i filed 07/2010. I had to pay by phone, no late fees or pay by phone fees. My case closed on 01/07/2011 and now BofA is charging me any late fees if i dont make the payment by the due date and also charge me a 15.00 pay by phone fee, according to my lawyer now that the case is closed BofA can charge these fees.
              I did the ride thru and so far BofA hasnt said a word, before case was closed when i called to pay i was sent to there bankruptcy dept but now that case is closed i get the regular cust service dept. But still wont let me pay online.
              Last edited by snjphotoguy; 03-02-2011, 09:50 PM.
              Filed 7/20/10
              341 meeting-8/30/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X