After organzing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After organzing...

All of my bazillion letters and "correspondence," I have determined that ALL of our unsecured debt has been turned over to collection agencies. On some collections, they have been resold again and again. My question now is when you file Chp. 7 who technically "owns" the debt? The original CC or the CA? Who would oppose it? When yo list it in BK who do you list? The most recent one who sent you correspondence? How much likely are CA to seek judgement over original creditors. Still weighing options...frankly I'd rather let it all ride on my credit for seven years and let it fall off. I'm most worried about getting a judgement. DH is judgement proof....I am not.

When I gave info to my attorney, they asked for collection agencies for debts as well. I gave them the names and addresses of every collection agency I had contact from, and they are included in the petition.

Sure, you could ride it out -- but wouldn't it be better to just get it taken care of?
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X