Can you pick your 341 hearing date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you pick your 341 hearing date?

My husband travels ALOT for work and is only home 3 days a week (week days, so that helps), but I didn't know if the 341 is flexible at all so we can kind of pick a date that works?

I know it probably depends on our state and our lawyer, but I didn't know your thoughts.
    Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
    341 scheduled 4/18/11
    DISCHARGED 6/20/11

My lawyer told me, if the date that is given for the meeting isn't good for me to let him know he can change it

Comment

No, you can't pick the date. If you can't be there for your original setting for some very good reason, there's usually no problem getting a continuance until the next setting. But nothing like "Well, I have the afternoon of the 15th open, let's do it then."
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
        No, you can't pick the date. If you can't be there for your original setting for some very good reason, there's usually no problem getting a continuance until the next setting. But nothing like "Well, I have the afternoon of the 15th open, let's do it then."
        Ditto

Comment

Thanks!
          Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
          341 scheduled 4/18/11
          DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Comment

...no harm in asking, right?
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X