Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy - Joint Bank account but single filing. Pls help

Hi all,
    I am a newbie and new to this forum. We are in Ohio and my wife is planning to file for bankruptcy and we have a joint bank account. We closed the old joint bank account to stop the auto card payments and I added her to my account. But then i read online that a joint accounts may affect me and my credit score.
    We also have a loan from a financial organisation on a Kirby product.

Here are my questions :

a) Should I take her off my account and then make her open her own account with only her retirement monet coming in ?

b) Wd it hurt if she adds me to the new account ? the name is being added just for my convenience of withdraw.

c) Should I take her name off the Loan account ?

d) Last but not the least - does she has to show 6 months of bank statements prior to filing bankruptcy or 6 months prior to court appearence ?

I would highly appreciate to get some good answers and advices ....

Thank you

no one ?? pls help ...i need to know the answer. Thank you

Comment

Hi Christera,

Welcome to the forum! I'll help you to bump so that fellow Ohio filers can respond, but I'll offer my advice.

Any money switching right before filing will be a red flag to the trustee. If you go by the default 6 month lookback of the Trustee, they'll see that you did this and it could be determined to be a presumption of abuse. Check with your attorney before you do this.

The 6 month of Bank Statements is from the date that the petition is filed backward, then at your 341 Meeting with the Trustee, you have handy the Bank Statements from your date of file to that meeting.

Hope that helps!
      Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

BrokeinMD, thanks so much for the reply and consideration. Yes we stopped the joint a/c we had to stop the auto payments. I think we can explain this at the trustee meeting. Then I added her to my salary a/c and then I am keeping my salary in the saving and her pension comes in the cheking. SO we are keeping our funds seperate. I think as long as we can show that what belongs to whom , they cannot touch my money. But in the new a/c I amthe main and my wife is secondary and she is the one whu is filing for BK. So i do`nt know that wd create any difference or not.

I would really appreciate all advices.
        Last edited by christera22; 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X