Do i have to be current ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i have to be current ?

Do i have to be current on my house payments to file chapter7? im thinking about filing ,i just lost my job so i know i have to make a move stop payment the house , or file ?

No, unless you are dead set on reaffirming your mortgage.( IMHO, I am not a big fan of reaffirming debts). Usually though if you are only 1 payment behind the lender will still reaffirm the debt, of course because they want you to be obligated to them for life. Notwithstanding the fact, that you can't reaffim without an income.

Good luck
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
      No, unless you are dead set on reaffirming your mortgage.( IMHO, I am not a big fan of reaffirming debts). Usually though if you are only 1 payment behind the lender will still reaffirm the debt, of course because they want you to be obligated to them for life. Notwithstanding the fact, that you can't reaffim without an income.

Good luck

RIGHT ON! Also, they won't be likely to kick you out on a "ride through" (you must stay current) as they want money not another empty house to pay upkeep and taxes on. If things get worse, you can walk away without fear of a suit and Judgment. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X