Filing BK paperwork question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing BK paperwork question

Will my paperwork be accepted if I handwrote some short simple information in a few areas on the BK forms while all of the info was typed?

Reason for that is the box area on some forms were not allowing me to type.

I had to handwrite some of mine. My court's local rules stated typed or legible written in black ink so it was ok. I had the same issue. Check your local court's rules to be certain but I had no problems at all with the forms that were handwritten.
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
      I had to handwrite some of mine. My court's local rules stated typed or legible written in black ink so it was ok. I had the same issue. Check your local court's rules to be certain but I had no problems at all with the forms that were handwritten.
      Excellent discombo1. That's reassuring. Thanks for sharing. I'll check with the local rules. Sounds like I should be ok

Comment

Some of the forms on the court's website aren't user friendly at all. Sometimes I wondered if they did it on purpose to discourage pro se filers. But because of those problems I just made certain to print neatly and nobody said a word. Unless your local court is very different from mine you'll be fine. Good luck!
        A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Hi HRoark,

If you don't find it in the local rules, call the court clerk.

I agree on the poorly designed forms for us pro-se folks who don't have a handy computer program to spit out nice finished documents...

...oh well, I guess you get what you paid for.

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
            Hi HRoark,

If you don't find it in the local rules, call the court clerk.

I agree on the poorly designed forms for us pro-se folks who don't have a handy computer program to spit out nice finished documents...

...oh well, I guess you get what you paid for.

Tom in Colo

Hi Tom in Colo,

You get what you pay for...Good one Going pro-se has its sense of accomplishment but it's also laking in the fancy stuff..."we don't need no stinkin computer programs" (a play on words referencing the famous quote from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" & "Blazing Saddles")

Thats a great idea. I'll call the court clerk if I can't find anything in the local rules. It shouldn't be an issue though...I printed so neatly in just a few small areas, it almost looks identical to the typing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X