top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens after being denied discharge 727?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens after being denied discharge 727?

I have these questions:

Since our discharge is being denied, will the fact that we filed BK still remain on our credit report for 10 years? If so, does it show up as denied discharge, dismissed or what? How will creditors view this type of filing? Will we never get credit again until we're able to settle all of our debts with creditors?

One of the creditors is a 2nd HELOC mortgage on our foreclosed home. Are most of them known to settle for just a few thousand dollars? We owe them close to $200k.

Does trustee still own all the assets we had including our membership interest in a defunct LLC?

How long do trustees have to recover sell-able assets? I ask because the defunct LLC still owns licenses which "could be sold" if a buyer could be found...so far no luck. We'd love to sell the assets to pay all investors back, but just haven't found the right buyer yet, this economy is not making it easy to find a buyer.

Would love some input from those who had their BK discharge denied. Thanks!

I'm assuming you mean your case will be dismissed instead of discharged. It will stay on your report for 10 years regardless. My humble understanding is this cannot be avoided because the judges view it that you DID benefit from the stay and that's enough to report it.

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant but that's my humble understanding of bk's that were dismissed for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
      I'm assuming you mean your case will be dismissed instead of discharged. It will stay on your report for 10 years regardless. My humble understanding is this cannot be avoided because the judges view it that you DID benefit from the stay and that's enough to report it.
      Yeah, that's what I thought. No, we're actually being denied discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Konallc View Post
        Yeah, that's what I thought. No, we're actually being denied discharge.
        Oh, I'm sorry. I can't help but ask why you are being denied discharge? You don't have to answer but my curiosity is peaked.

Comment

Yes, the bk filing remains on your credit report for 10 years, regardless of the outcome.

Why was your discharge denied?
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X