Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get Account information for filing chapter 7

Hello All,
    So I retained an attorney yesterday. He emailed me a link to a website where I have to provide all my information for filing bankruptcy. My question is about my creditors. I have about 8 collection accounts that I have to give account numbers for. My credit report only gives me the last 4 digits and many of them don't even have the name of the original creditor or the collection agency the account is now with. I am so confused. I left an email for my attorney, but have not gotten a reply yet. Does anyone have any information on getting the correct account number and addresses for creditors. Can I call the original creditors? Do I just ask for the information from them and tell them it is for bankruptcy? I would really appreciate any help from someone who has gone thru this with success. Thank you

I pulled out old statements from the credit cards or other vendors. I didn't have to call them, but that was going to be my next move.
    Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
    341 scheduled 4/18/11
    DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Comment

Thanks for the reply I am also wondering...Do I give the name and address and account numbers for the collection agencies? OR Do I have to call them to get original creditor info? All of these accounts were sent to collections.

Comment

You can contact the collection agencies and ask what the original debt was. This is normal, since they often get these calls when people are trying to verify the validity of the debt.

We filed pro se, but for those accounts that I had no acct. number or only the last four digits, I just used exes (x) and the last four digits.
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

wow, ok, so you can do that. I do have the last four digits for almost all of these accounts. Wonderful. Thank you.

Comment

Make sure you check local rules and check with your attorney, but I'm sure it's quite common that complete account numbers can't be found in your records for every single account you list
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

List everybody, everything, everyone, every debt. If in doubt, place them on the list. Throw the kitchen sink at it....
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X