top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-341 jitters and maybe a stupid move-Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-341 jitters and maybe a stupid move-Help!

My 341 is coming up the end of this week. Under median filer,passed means test, no asset anticipated, showed positive current monthly income of $50 or so on the I&J. So looking like a no-brainer.

So I am currently working a very part time job- 8 or 9 hours a week when I filed-had just started. Liked it and did ok so my sup gave me another 3-4 hours a week. No problem. Then he asks for some temporary help until he finds a permanent person which adds like 8 hours or so a week. I volunteer and did the extra last week.

Now here comes the potentially dumb part- I tell him hey this isn't so bad I'd like to do these permanently. He says ok. Now my current income is well in excess of where it should be based on filed J expenses.

So I immediately panic when I realize what I have potentially done. So I review my J and find there are things I missed and things that have slightly increased due to exact quotes, gas prices soaring, etc. Also I am checking into a potential rent increase in July which I hadn't thought about previously. Even without a rent increase I can offset most of the increase in income, leaving a positive current income of just under $100 per month. so I'd be back to calm (or at least as calm as one can be in the week of the 341)

One other thing that I could add to my expenses is more dental care. we both need some but i'm not sure we will be able to actually afford it unless we find a very accomodating dentist who will work on a monthly basis while we rebuild/replace bridges, crowns, etc. Adding that would definitely put us into a negative current income.

So the bottom line question is what to do?

Option 1 is to file amended I &J to reflect the new reality.

Option 2 is tell the boss no can do permanently then answer the "change" question at the 341 with "temporarily working a few extra hours."

Have an email into the attorney but in the meantime hopefully some input from you folks can back me off the edge.

I can't believe I didn't think this through first but was excited to make a few extra dollars.

I'd be inclined to just lay it all out there and if the trustee has an issue with it then, amend your schedule J.

Comment

Daylate, no advice for you, you know I'm a newbie! But I wanted to congratulate you on being so close to your 341 and hope all goes well for you! Crossing my fingers that you sail thru with no problems. Looking forward to answers you get on the dental question, as I am in same boat. Not sure how long you can expense out the dental work for your J, so maybe we can both learn something. Keep us all updated!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have backed myself off the edge somewhat by realizing(reading the code) that I can amend schedules anytime prior to closing. So as keepmine suggests that seems to be option 1 to solve any problems that may arise. Still hope for some more replies. And SS I'll let you know.

Comment

It really troubles me to think that you can get screwed for doing the right thing and trying to make things better. So I hope and pray for you and all of us that it will all be fine for you and that your trustee is a realistic, decent human being who is not just out to bust some chops.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I wouldn't amend my schedules based on a verbal agreement that hasn't come to pass. You may never get those hours, and end up doubly screwed. I'd keep on track and get through my 341 and see if things change substantially before discharge. With taxes withheld, etc. you won't be sure for a while how much extra income that will really provide.
            Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X