top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 Meeting today; now what will happen next to me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting today; now what will happen next to me??

Just had my 341 this moring; 5 questions; less than 2min? But did ask me "why did you file bankrucpy?" I told her; my dedt to income ratio was to high and unable to make the min. payments; can my cause be dissmissed based on that statement?
    Will citi/discover/bofa sue me in court???
    Thanks
    Russ

newstart11, your reason sounds like the same reason we all file--we can't pay our bills...I don't think your statement hurts your case at all. it's the truth...

Comment

Yep, but she wrote somethings down, that worried me, I guess she was making notes; put a few stars; then she said any questions? Then said having no questions, next case.
      No Creditors were there??

Comment

I think they have a checklist of stuff to ask. Our trustee was filing out paperwork the whole time he was questioning us. It was the no asset determination and some other stuff he checked off. I don't think they'll dismiss your case because you can't pay your bills. If you COULD pay your bills it might be a different story... lol
        Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
        Discharged - 11/18/2010
        Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

Nah...that answer was fine and if it was true then no worries!
          Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Hi there,
            I just had my 341 today, too. The trustee had a checklist he asked questions fron and made notes in the margins. I think thats normal. Don't worry.

Comment

Hi Russ,

Sounds like you had a pretty nice non-eventful sail into the 60 day club. No, you won't be sued by your creditors. You're filing the bankruptcy stopped that. Sleep well tonight, as the biggest hurdle is done!
              Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

You're fine, all of that is standard stuff.

Comment

Thanks all,
                  60 day club here we come!
                  5/4 is my birthday; 60 is 5/16/2011; let's home no issues, and a great birthday present!

Comment

Congratulations on the 341 being done! Mine is this coming Wednesday, and I am scared to death (for no reason, I know, but I can't shake that nervous feeling). So happy that yours is done and gone. From what you said, and from everything I have read and been told, it sounds like yours went great!
                    Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by pikaroth View Post
                      Congratulations on the 341 being done! Mine is this coming Wednesday, and I am scared to death (for no reason, I know, but I can't shake that nervous feeling). So happy that yours is done and gone. From what you said, and from everything I have read and been told, it sounds like yours went great!
                      I know the feeling, I was the same way, but don't worry yours will go well too.

Comment

If you want to hear a great post about 341 meetings, go to the 341 postings and read '341-Better than Reality TV'. Peeps really tells it like it is.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X