top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I pay a creditor after the 60 days is up, but before discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I pay a creditor after the 60 days is up, but before discharge?

Hi everyone,
    My day 60 is right around the corner and I have a question about possibly paying off a pre-petition debt. At my former university, I have an old parking citation in the amount of 55.00. I want to pay this, since it probably won't be discharged, but do I have to wait until the discharge is officially filed, or could I send a check in on day 61 if I wanted to, even if there technically isn't a discharge yet?

Thanks!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

I'm not entirely certain, but from what I've read, it looks like you can pay back any creditor included in your bankruptcy after you receive your discharge.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
      I'm not entirely certain, but from what I've read, it looks like you can pay back any creditor included in your bankruptcy after you receive your discharge.
      That's what I've been under the impression of, but I wasn't sure if it would really matter since, according to my understanding of the laws, your case is effectively over once the 60 days is up, minus a few procedural formalities.
      Of course, if I do have to wait, then no problem, I guess I'm just getting antsy because the day is so close! I'm excited!! One more week to go
      Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
      341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
      Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X