Filed ch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed ch 7

My question might be strange, but well it needs to be asked. I filed ch 7 no asset case and have my 341 today. I have just started working a part time job with less than 12 hrs/ week to get a little income but thats not enough to pay all our bills, we are planning to relocate to another country. What happens to the ch 7 if we leave the country and should I mention it to the trustee at my hearing today also should I mention that job to the trustee or wait till he asks me about it? Do I need to amend the paperwork or just a verbal mention is enough? Please help!
    Do I need to file a change in address with the court? Will it hurt my case?! Please help!

You are required to keep the court updated as far as address changes go. Also, at your 341, it's more than likely the trustee will ask if there have been any changes since you filed your petition. This is where you would tell him about your job. If it's just a few hours a week and not a lot of income, provided you are far enough below the median to begin with, it probably won't be a problem. What makes things problematic is not being honest when the trustee asks you a question.

Leaving the country shouldn't be a problem, so long as you haven't hidden any assets or anything. You were a resident upon filing the petition, and where you move in the future is your business. But, as I said, until your case is closed, you are supposed to file change of address with the bk court. Basically what I've read is that if you do not provide a change of address, the delivery of any paperwork to your last known address will be sufficient to consider it delivered. If there were any issues with the bankruptcy that required a notification to be sent to you, you would not be able to say, "Well we moved and didn't get the notice."
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply! Wish me luck.

Comment

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Good luck. Its not a big deal, you will see that when the day is over. Just be honest and you will be fine. If you feel guilty, just think of all the tax dollars that the government wastes and the bailouts of the bank .

Comment

Be sure to let us all know how it went
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Hi y'all had my 341 today, the trustee was very curtious and very helpful. Spent about 10 mins. It all went in a blur and before I knew it we were told he will recommend a discharge and that we should be patient and wait. I am not sure what that means exactly, are we now at the 60 day waiting stage?! Thank you for all the wishes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X