Credit score still after after 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit score still after after 6 months

I was discharged in September 2010, I had 3 house, one of them I let go in foreclosure as I was losing money, the other 2 houses I chose to keep because they were low interest rates and the rental will be a positive $1200 income in 5 years. I kept a car and still making payments on it. So I have 2 mortgages and paying on time plus the car and my score is still 600.

One of my houses does not say included in Chp 7, but it is reporting payments on time each month. I would prefer this language on the credit as I will be paying this house way after the 10 years the BK will be on my record, but I am wondering if this is keeping my score low.

How long does it take for a credit score to be 700. I know 2 people personally whose credit score is already 700 one year and half after discharge. I am just wondering whether my score will be that high again or if the house will keep my score low.

Thanks.

A lot depends on if you were late before you filed. If you had stopped paying on everything say 6 months to a year before you filed everything is going be seriously late or in charge off status when you file. That is lot of time what is keeping your scores low after you file. All of those late payments will still be on the credit report, you won't just have the bankruptcy reporting.
    When I filed I didn't have anything late and all but one of the accounts were business so they didn't report anyway.
    My score was aroun 750 when filed, dropped to 640's after filing and jumped backed over 720's after a couple months.
    BUT don't get a bunch of cards after discharge, that could keep your score lower until they start aging.
    TIme is going to be the only thing that raises your score if you were late before you filed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X