Yaaaay!!! I'm taking ALL callers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yaaaay!!! I'm taking ALL callers!

We file today!!! We haven't made a house or CC payment since November of 2009 so the phone calls have been plentiful. I think I will answer them today!!!

Originally posted by BROKEDED View Post
    We file today!!! We haven't made a house or CC payment since November of 2009 so the phone calls have been plentiful. I think I will answer them today!!!

YEAH brokeded....it sure has been a long time coming for you.
    Good luck.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Well Hello! Would you please make a note of this number in your records?
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
        Well Hello! Would you please make a note of this number in your records?
        Yay! Best of luck to you!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Strangely enough, the only numbers creditors ever called were our home phone, our cell phones, and MY parents (eeeek!). Yesterday, after almost 17 months and the LAST day before we file, the second mortgage collection agency calls me at work.... NO! NO! NO! Bad collector! Haha, what are the odds?

Comment

Feel good to pull the trigger? Congrats. We filed 20 months after defaulting, and just hoping our discharge comes next month...basically holding our breath, but best of luck!
            Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

It feels great. The past few weeks have been a roller coaster ride of emotions. We were coming up on our 3rd sale date and had pretty much given as much effort to delay as we were willing so we decided to go ahead and file. Our paralegal is GREAT. Our attorney....ehhh not so much. Our paralegal had assured us all along that we were a CH7, in great shape, simple filing, no asset, etc.

When we met the attorney to sign papers, on a weekend, he starts talking as if we are borderline CH13, need to move out quickly and establish a high rent payment, just confusing and unnerving talk. He also asked for forms that we had just given the paralegal so my reaction was that he hadn't even looked over our file before talking to us. So I resigned myself to getting things straightened out the next Monday. I went to her with our concerns and she completely understood what I meant... and calmed my nerves and apparently explained things to the attorney-sadly.

Anyways, it appears we are still in great shape!

Comment

Just curious...No CC payments since 11/09? Did anyone sue you?

JJ
                Last edited by JJCA; 03-22-2011, 11:24 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Yay Brokeded!!!!! Congrats!! That discharge notice feels sooooo good!! Best of luck!!
                  Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

JJCA - Nope! Although, a collection agency for AMEX did call earlier and state that the account was in final stages of collection. I figured it was a scare tactic. This was before I had my case number but I told him that we were filing today. He was still trying to convince me to pay the account off and actually offered to reduce it to 15% of the balance. I politely refused his "most generous offer" and told him I would have a file number later.

I don't know for sure but I believe in NC creditors can get a judgement and I think secured ones can file to go after your assets every 6 months for 10 years...don't know about unsecured creditors. To my knowledge, in my state the only things they can garnish wages for are taxes, child and spousal support, and student loans.

I don't know if the fact that we never answered the phone helped or not. I sent a cease and desist letter to the first couple of agencies but got lazy after that. They'd leave voicemails and I'd just add their number to my cell phone for that CA. One of them had something like 11 different phone numbers they'd call from!

Thanks Clevelandmom!!!
                    Last edited by BROKEDED; 03-22-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X