top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple question; where and how to find a lawyer in CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question; where and how to find a lawyer in CA?

Hello all, will be doing a chap-7 here in the very near future. I've done some searching online and there are lawyers abounding. But as it is, most all of the attorney refferal sites are run by commercial interests.

And since this situation isn't like shopping for new tires, I am wondering if it's feasable to solicit reviews/reccomendations from people who've liked their attorney's work. I live in Victorville, CA.

Help, anybody?

Not sure if it's against forum rules... so don't slap me if it is...... but I went to www.handelonthelaw.com to find ours and the one we found was great.

Comment

Originally posted by winterheart View Post
      Not sure if it's against forum rules... so don't slap me if it is......
      Thanks winterheart, I'm a KFI listener and Bill Handel is one of my favs. Never thought of using his site, but will give it a try.

Best regards

Comment

Hi winterheart, Hi highonthehog,

We're supposed to use PM to recommend someone specific but I'm not a moderator so I won't slap your wrist winterheart....besides I enjoyed the "MAN ARRESTED FOR POURING LAUNDRY DETERGENT ON GIRLFRIEND" article

apropos the article, I have put together a "laundry list" of common sticking points between posters here and their attorneys:

Communication: phone/email/face-to-face, secretary/paralegal/attorney, turnaround time on responses
        Organizaton/work ethic: dot all i's, cross all t's or 'good enough,' document filed ASAP or 'before the deadline'
        Competence: know the local trustees, judges, filed cases like yours, up-to-date on relevant court rulings
        Retainer/Fee: exactly what is covered, what is extra, what to expect as 'extra'

Definitely some things to discuss during your consultations.

Good luck to you, hope you pick a winner!

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X