341 completed today; experiences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 completed today; experiences.

Husband moved to different state 2 weeks ago and flew in last night for our 341 this a.m. Small room, able to hear cases before us. One case took longer...questions about $300,000 inheritance money..where did it go? Also a $32,000 tax refund already spent. Creditor present said they would do a 2 year lookback and "comb the bank statements with a fine-toothed comb."

Once we were called our meeting lasted 5 minutes. Trustee was polite/professional. Said we were a "no asset case" and "clearly meet the means test" and that the ammended tax return we filed/with anticipation of receiving @$1000 refund we could keep.

Husband is already headed back to the aiport to fly back to where his new job is. Our House is up for sheriff's sale some time in the future...don't know how soon. I'm packing.

What has been the most stressful 8 mo. of our lives is going to be OK. I've learned so much...makes one rethink priorities. I'll probably find some time this afternoon to cry my eyes out, then be done with it.

I'm so grateful for everyone's support here. You really helped me through it, and my mentor has been great, too. I hope we are now officially in the 60 day club.

Thanks.....

Congrats on the 60 day club...no need for tears, this is your fresh start.

Comment

congrads! Imagine the stress that the people before you are now dealing with.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

All best wishes!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a smooth sail into the 60 day club, CLC. Have the cry, but make sure you label it tears of relief and joy!
            Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Thats a happy story, after what I'm sure was plenty of heartache. ...so now you start with a clean slate. Congrats!

Comment

congrats, don't cry, take a deep breath and hold your head up high.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X