Should I close my bank account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I close my bank account?

Ok, I stopped paying my credit cards last week. I had 3 payments set up to be taken off my account on Friday. I went and canceled those payments on chase website. Is there a chance Chase can still cash those payments? I was thinking of closing my account and opening another one just in case but I really don't want to. Water bill is due this week and I have to write a check for that and may not get my new checks in time. My bank is not associated with any of my credit cards. Any info would be helpful.
    thx

I'll let the experts answer most of your questions but, you can get a money order for any bill you have until you get new checks, if you decide to open a new account.

Comment

Sometimes canceling an automatic payment isn't as simple as it seems. If it was scheduled for Friday and say you canceled on Thursday night, it may get caught in a cyber warp. Don't quite understand it but with the way some banks work with pending payments, etc it could. As far as moving your money,if Chase isn't one of your creditors you should be okay. Without a court order I don't believe other creditors can attach your bank accounts. Bottom line, make sure you don't have nay laons/cc's with the bank where you have your cash.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X