Making Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Progress!

I met with my lawyer for the third time today and signed my petition - one of the small ones, only 49 pages. She will file my petition on Friday morning and then I'm on my way I guess. I should have my 341 sometime in May.

I'm in a no asset case with no real property so I hope to have smooth sailing. We only had to iron out a few rough areas including keeping my car. I was so afraid that I would have to give up the car. It's nothing special, a 1999 Montero sport but still. Thanks for all the advice from everyone up to this phase of the process. It has been much appreciated.

Congratulations on a big, huge, gigantic step! Everything will go perfectly, but when you get nervous or scared (happens to all of us), just remember it will all be over sooner rather than later. So happy for you!
    Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Hey, thanks for the encouraging words pikaroth!!! Now even more news!!

My BK has been filed!! I only signed yesterday morning and I now have a 341 meeting date. May 6, Friday at 4pm. Not my first choice but hey, I'll be there.

From reading the forums I suppose that there is nothing else to do except to remain calm and await the 341.

Comment

Actually, a Friday afternoon sounds like a nice time for a 341, especially on a no-complications Ch-7... you will actually spend that weekend BREATHING!
        Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

Good point! I'm already looking forward to it being over.

Comment

Agreed! A Friday afternoon with everything going well will allow you to have, most likely, an absolutely awesome weekend. Your 341 is going to go great, and as usual, if you have ANY questions, just ask!
            Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X