Wondering what move I should make.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering what move I should make.

I am basically going to need to file for chapter 7 because of my parents. They used my name to get a second mortgage on their house and used a couple of my credit cards to help out their business. So I am wondering how I should move on with this case. I don't really have any assets. I'm renting a apartment with a roommate and my biggest asset is my car that is almost paid off. I also have a couple thousand in the bank. Is there some sort of way I can file bankruptcy with them or does it have to be separate? Would I be able to keep my car?

Being able to keep the car depends on how much equity you have in it, and what the exemptions are in your state. The same goes for the cash. I think the only way you can file a joint bankruptcy is with a spouse, not with your parents.

Check this link (also found above under "Exemptions") http://www.bkforum.com/wiki/Washington to see exemptions in Washington State. You also have the option of using the Federal Exemptions instead. Federal exemptions tend to be a bit more generous than state.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X