top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cancel credit card payment arrangements that are on auto pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cancel credit card payment arrangements that are on auto pay?

I have hardship payment arrangements with Chase, Citi, Discover and Target that are automatically debited from my checking account every month. I was told by 2 attorneys offices to stop those payments. I guess I just have to call each card and ask to opt out of the program. What if they ask for an explanation? Will they let me out of the plan easily and will the Trustee frown upon this?

Thank You!

Adding that I haven't filed yet, but am planning on filing Ch.7 within the next few months.

Comment

Contact your bank to stop payment of the drafts. They may charge you a fee, but you can count on them to stop them. You can't count on the creditors to stop. As an added measure, I myself would close my account and open another one or use cash until the worst is behind you. Just my opinion though.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Free, thank you for the advice. I belong to a credit union. I really want to stay with them, so maybe I will have them close my existing account and open a new one. I wonder if they will do that?

Comment

How about open a second account with them, give it a couple days and then close the first account.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I went through this with one of my creditor---and I had
            to ultimately end up closing out a long-time account----
            and opening a new one---just to block the payment---may
            be the only way to handle the matter---it's a pain---but worth it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X