X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calm my nerves please...

Ok so far I've retained an atty like 2 or 3 weeks
    Ago...gave them most of the paperwork required.. I had so much stuff with
    Me they said they might b able to file by the end of march.
    I just got " case notes" In the mail asking me to
    Clarify a few things, double check my schedule j and they want a few
    More documents. I'm nervous because I really thought I gave them
    All they were going to need and I'd b filing within the few weeks. I had all my credit card payment up to date and now they are late and it makes me nervous. I never not paid something on time because I'm crazy even if it meant not having
    Enough groceries... So is it ok that I'm not paying these bills
    And the filing is taking longer than I had expected?

You're fine. This is one of the hardest parts. You most likely have months before anything important happens from your creditors. Expect the phone to ring, but just ignore it. Youre going to be fine!
    Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Thanks.. The xanax isn't working haha

Comment

When I get nervous, I read some posts here and it makes me feel better. You will be fine, and don't worry about the extra time your lawyer is taking. Just make sure you have an empty bank account the day you file and that you can account for where the money went. That's really great that your attorney took the time to ask for information...it shows he or she is at least putting some thought into your case!
        Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Hi - yes it's fine that you're not paying those bills (would be silly if you were!); ignore the calls, gather up the extra info your atty needs, ask questions...you'll get through this!
          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
          New Job 7-2011

Comment

My attorney pushed me out another 2 months before filing to let my annual bonus drop off my six month lookback. This is all normal. Yes, it feels weird when you initially stop, but you will adjust!
            Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Do not fear! I was in almost your exact place back in October, and now I am simply awaiting discharge with less than 40 or so days to go. I was like you: I never, ever missed a credit card payment, but I was not only advised by people here but advised by the attorney I picked, to stop paying my credit cards immediately, so I did. It was so scary, my nerves were shot, and as most people here know (due to my ridiculous amount of posts back in the early days), I didn't sleep in almost two days. That's how sick to my stomach I was. But guess what? Everyone here and my attorney was right. While I stopped paying in early October, my attorney did not file until February 4th, and while the phone calls DID start coming in, the second I gave them the name and number of my attorney, that was that. Up until you file, you will still get late statements, all your numbers will go up-up-up, but who cares? That debt will be gone and done away with. Of course, when it all first begins just hearing that doesn't magically make things better, but I promise you that it's true.

You will be fine, and when the process for you is over, you will look back and, oddly, think how 'easy' it all was.
              Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Jgoodall08 View Post
                Calm my nerves please...
                If chemicals aren't doing the trick, I doubt any words here will help.
                One thing is certain. When it's over you'll wonder why you were so worried.
                No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X