Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge

Okay after a long road, filing 10/26/2010, I checked pacer last night and its says the following:
    Debtor discharged: 04/07/2011
    Joint debtor discharged: 04/07/2011
    Debtor disposition: Standard Discharge (?)
    Joint debtor disposition: Standard Discharge (?)
    Pending status: ,Awaiting Closing (?)
    Flags: MEANSNO, NOASSETRPT (?)

So my questions are; (1) When should this be closed? (2) What should I do now? (3) Should I get a secured credit card? (4) Also the creditors I declared bankruptcy have been pulling my credit report, I have a total of 21 inquires in the last 2 years. (4) Please help, I need to get a new car but with my credit scores I am not sure I can 521, 551, and 571? PLEASE HELP!
    Filed: 10/29/2010 341 Meeting: 11/22/2010 Discharge: ?Closed Date: ?

Credit Scores as of 10/29/2010: 456, 468, 472 Open Accounts: None

Originally posted by calco86 View Post
    Okay after a long road, filing 10/26/2010, I checked pacer last night and its says the following:
    Debtor discharged: 04/07/2011
    Joint debtor discharged: 04/07/2011
    Debtor disposition: Standard Discharge (?)
    Joint debtor disposition: Standard Discharge (?)
    Pending status: ,Awaiting Closing (?)
    Flags: MEANSNO, NOASSETRPT (?)

So my questions are; (1) When should this be closed? (2) What should I do now? (3) Should I get a secured credit card? (4) Also the creditors I declared bankruptcy have been pulling my credit report, I have a total of 21 inquires in the last 2 years. (4) Please help, I need to get a new car but with my credit scores I am not sure I can 521, 551, and 571? PLEASE HELP!
    1. When should this be closed? - tough question to answer - especially with a shutdown looming. Closing is an admin task for the UST so it varies from UST to UST.
    2. What should I do now? - do a happy dance, pop the cork of your fave adult beverage
    3. Should I get a secured CC? - personal choice, I did simplely to start rebuilding my credit.
    4. 21 Inquires - I am working on my right now - depending on the date the older ones will drop off this year. I am trying the "I don't have an accounting with company - why is there an inquiry?" approach.
    5. Car Loan - you will start to receiving mailing for car loans - reading them carefully, save them to compare. My discharge showed on my credit report within a week - I was able to get a 11 Chevy Cruze 8 days after my discharge. I wanted to wait a little longer to try to clean up my reports first, but had no choice. Cleaner report lower the intrest rate. Make sure all accounts that were included in the BK are listed as included or discharged in BK and make sure they all have zero balances. You might see a small increase in your score - due to the debt ratio factor in credit scoring.

Standard discharge is just wording -mine said the samething.
    NOASSETRPT - sounds like you are an no asset case so there should be a report of no distribution somewhere in your file.

Good luck with everything - and CONGRATS the discharge.
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Thanks for the info, I know that the scores our bad but do you think its still a possibility to get an auto loan, that is my biggest concern right now!

Comment

I think you should be fine. Someone just sent me a pre-approval for 31k to buy a car.(I'm waiting though, for the Mercedes offer of 60k-LOL) You shouldn't have any trouble.

And as to closing, I'd guess it shouldn't be long.

Comment

You are done. Grats and the close is a paperwork formality. Enjoy your new start. Here is our traditional dance of victory:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, any advice of fixing the credit report now? Just got a 1000 secured credit card, waiting for it to come in the mail. Some accounts are still reporting as a collection account now? Please help, I want to get it fixed and move on to rebuilding now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X